Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Quiltin' away

Boy, these past few weeks have been a blur. A blur of fabric, and thread and a needle going up and down.
I have been working on 3 quilts this week and just got the fabric in the mail for another baby quilt I'm going to put together. I'm trying out this new design that I thought up while pondering jelly rolls and how to use them. **Side note** It's pretty bad when you spend your spare time thinking about jelly rolls..........moving on.
I'm going to try and start the baby quilt next week- we'll see how it turns out!
I find it very hard to keep my quilting focus when I don't have access to the material that I need. Living in small town nowheresville, I do 90% of my fabric buying online. So that means that when I don't plan ahead, and later decide to back a quilt in a fabric that I do not have, I have to order the fabric and then wait and wait and wait for it to come in the mail. It certainly would be nice to have a quilt shop in this town!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails