Wednesday, August 12, 2009

carrots anyone?

I decided to pick carrots yesterday- with absolutely no intention of doing much productive with them. I canned spicy carrots last year from our garden but I ended up being the only one liking them and a quart sized jar of carrots was not consumed fast enough. So, I guess these will just be juice. That's o.k., I love carrot juice.In quilting news (which there hasn't been much of lately, I know) I have decided that I'm sick of making quilts for other people. Well, o.k., not really. If I kept all the quilts I made, our house would be busting at the seams with quilts that we'd never even have time to use. I appreciate that other folks want to actually buy the quilts that I make. But I am feeling a little left out since the last quilt I actually made for myself was probably about 5 years ago. So I'm doing something about it, with these.....Urban Indigo. Probably one of my top 3 all time favorite collections from Moda. I've got 7 more charm packs on the way and I'm going to make a quilt for our bed. I'd like to go all out and get really detailed in the piecing but to be honest, I'm way too lazy (or maybe just to busy) to do it so the disappearing 9 patch pattern it is.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I can't wait to see it!!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

well, i'd say it's about time you made yourself a quilt!!!
the fabric is very pretty. i'm looking forward to seeing your progress on it.

Sunday said...

HI! I've been following your blog since June and I love it! I had to leave a comment on this post because I'm doing the exact same thing...well, except I'm not as prolific in my quiltmaking. I've been quilting for 10 years and have never made a quilt for my own bed. So, I'm began collecting the Aviary line and didn't know what to do with it. I love pieced stars but with my busy little ones and homeschooling it wasn't going to happen. I decided on the disappearing 9 patch instead simply because it was speedy. I'm sure my won't be done until after Christmas because of other projects in the works.

So, do you own a longarm? How do you get your quilts quilted so fast?

Anonymous said...

Love Love that collection. I have been debating stocking yardage all summer & you may just push me over the edge!

As with the carrots...you can can them raw & use in soups & stews all winter...will your family eat them that way? They have such a great flavor. You can actually taste them in the meal. I need to harvest ours this weekend.

Love the disappearing 9...I will definitely do that one again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails