Wednesday, October 13, 2010

back

While we enjoyed visiting my parents for 5 days, we are also so glad to be home. My parents live in a very big city, in a huge metropolitan area and honestly, it gets a little overwhelming for me! I guess I've just lived in a small town for too long. It was so nice to see my parents and brother though.

Big cities though usually have big things to do- like the zoo!
One of the best parts of our trip was taking a day to drive up to see my grandma and grandpa.
This is a photo of their house, courtesy of Wyatt.
My grandma lives in a sweet town that's about 25 times smaller than ours. It's population is 250 and there is a small grocery/hardware store, a church, a post office, and a gas station. I love it there! I wish that it wasn't a 10 hour drive from our home. We'd certainly visit more often if it were closer.
We got back Monday night and I promptly got back into the swing of things. I collected eggs from the chickens, cleaned the pig pen and canned 7 quarts of peaches. Oh, how I missed being home!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Ugh. It's too bad we weren't down there longer. We should have just all gone together to see them! Love the pictures. Love them. Love you. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had an amazing time...and I find it so sweet that your grandparents are holding hands in that photo! Love it!

Leslie said...

what a great visit...i love going to the zoo. i love that picture of you and your kids. they all look so much alike

Holly said...

Your Grandpa is cute! He reminds me of the man from UP. I imagine he has the personality to match his looks. I have never met a family member of yours that hasn't been cheerio! Maybe Timber when she thinks she may get left with me ;).
See you soon!

goatldi said...

The zoo looks very so. cal? What fun holidays are. So glad a good time was had by all!

Anonymous said...

For me, I know it's always fun to get away, but always better to come home.

What a busy day you had coming home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails