Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook - Week 3


Outside my window...it's overcast, but the sun this afternoon has been promised by the weather man. The ducks are searching for slugs.

I am thinking...about learning to manage my home better

I am thankful for...the blessing of being a stay at home mom; being able to be with my children on a daily basis and having the freedom to homeschool them with a Biblical foundation

From the learning rooms...curriculum, curriculum, curriculum (for next year!)

From the kitchen...rice pudding for breakfast

I am wearing...my "work" jean skirt and a purple top, barefoot

I am creating...new quilts for all of the little ones that will be "moving up" to bigger beds in the next few months

I am going...to Lego Club this morning!

I am reading...the High School Handbook and Practical Beekeeping

I am hoping...that the Lord will direct us, and that we'll be willing to listen and be obedient in moving to a new homestead

I am hearing...Layton and Timber drawing at chatting at the kitchen table

Around the house...general housecleaning to get ready for hosting 4 ladies later this week for another rabbit butchering session.

One of my favorite things...hearing Mason, at 19 months, trying to sing "Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do"

A few plans for the rest of the week... lunch with some girlfriends, a drive to Fred Meyer, the rabbits, working in the garden

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

5 comments:

Carol said...

Love that picture!!!

lil red hen said...

What a busy mom you are! And what a good little helper!!

SouthernHeart said...

Beautiful post! That wonderful picture says it all...

Blessings,
Dianne
http://www.mysouthernheart.com (my blog)

Amy Ellen said...

I love this picture. The little tool belt is way precious and I am sure makes someone feel like a "big" boy!!
Hugs
Amy

goatldi said...

Wonderful photo! Keep plugging away at what you do. My fondest memories are those of at home in the sandbox with my kids. I count myself blessed that my husband was able to give me that luxury. We did without yet I held so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails